Sunday, June 16, 2013

Large Rose Chart

Even though we are having our second boy (yay!) I had these half done and decided to finish them. They are probably my favorite thing I've knitted, I love the pale blue/white/hot pink color combination. They are still a little wet in the photo so the pink is a bit dark.



I've had this rose chart drawn up for a while but it's quite large and I wasn't sure when I would get to use it. I was very happy that it fit just perfectly on the bum of these shorties. I was planning on using it for a felted purse originally but my adventures in felting haven't gone very well. I am sticking to duplicate stitching, but this chart would work well with a combination of intarsia (for the outside petals and main color) and fair isle/stranded (going from petal to petal on the inside of the flower).


As always, feel free to use it however you'd like! I'll be outlining all my charts with pen from now on, I think it makes it much easier to see. I've also got to find a better graph, my gauge is way different than the graph's gauge. I think my flower still looks pretty good, but definitely more squished than the chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment