Monday, June 10, 2013

Tiny Tardis

I'm expecting a new little one this October and I don't know the gender yet. I've been itching to knit baby things though, and I wanted to make something gender neutral that would still be awesome. So I made this cute little wool soaker (we cloth diaper).


What could be more awesome than the Tardis on the bum of my future Whovian? I shared the finished product on Facebook and got lots of requests for my chart. I drew it up myself, so it's not super fancy or anything, but it gets the job done.

I duplicate stitched the design but I think it could also be used for intarsia. I haven't even attempted intarsia since discovering the magic of duplicate stitching, so I can't say for sure.


I originally drew up the larger design on the right, but it was too big to fit on a newborn sized soaker. So I drew up the smaller design on the left to use. The colors are pretty self explanatory, the only thing I used that was a little strange is cotton floss for the dark blue outlines. When I tried to use wool, even in a darker color, it just blended it. The cotton floss is shinier than wool, so it stands out more. I really like the way it turned out, even if the details were a bit difficult since it was so small (my embroidery isn't that great on big items either).

Feel free to use these charts however you like, I definitely make no claims on Doctor Who and honestly it's pretty much just a blue rectangle. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment